We host your valuation tool for you. To make it accessible to the world, you'll need to create a CNAME record for your preferred subdomain (e.g. valuation.YOURDOMAIN.com).
1. Create CNAME Record
From your domain name registrar control panel, add a new CNAME record with the following values:
2. Add the domain to your account
You then need to add your domain to your settings page. You can add as many variants as you like.
And that's it! It can take up to 24 hours for DNS records to propagate, so don't panic if it doesn't work straight away. You can check DNS status here.
Users & notifications
You can invite users to administer your dashboard by going to your settings page.
From this page you can also configure email addresses to receive notifications whenever a new sales or lettings lead is submitted.
As your data processor, we provide you with the necessary tools to choose your lawful basis for processing the data you capture using ProVal (article 6).
You can add a consent checkbox to ask for people to consent or opt-in – you can update the workding to fit your way of working. You can also set whether or not this checkbox is optional. If it isn't, the user won't be able to see their valuation until they've checked it.
This action is also recorded when the user subits the lead in your user dashboard, and is also passed through to every integration we work with (see Drip and Mailchimp).
Data subject requests
We’ve also set up a dedicated email address, email@example.com, to handle any Data Subject Access Requests (DSARs). Anytime a data subject reaches out to you with a relevant request, you can send an email to this address and we’ll take the necessary steps to address the request.
You can monitor traffic to the tool, and see how well it's converting by adding Google Analytics. Once you've signed up to Google Analytics (or if you already use it), do the following:
- Get your unique tracking ID (it will be in this format: UA-XXXXXX-X)
- Add it to your settings page
Facebook Tracking Pixel
The Facebook pixel enables you to measure, optimize and build audiences for your Facebook ad campaigns. You can measure how many people use your AVM as a result of your Facebook Ads, and retarget them.
- To create a Facebook pixel, please follow this guide.
- Get the pixel ID (it will be a long number) and add it to your settings page.
- When someone submits a lead, this will trigger a conversion on Facebook if they came through a Facebook ad.
- You can also use this pixel to build a custom audience (to remarket to your AVM visitors).
Our Mailchimp integration allows you to automatically add leads to your Mailchimp account.
1. Create a Mailchimp Account
You can do this here.
2. Create a new list (optional - but you'll need at least one list)
Add a list by clicking on "Lists" the top left corner of the Mailchimp interface.
3. Add merge fields (optional)
If you want to customise the emails you send to users (for instance including their address or valuation), you'll need to create merge fields. Add any/all of the following merge fields, and you can then use the values in your emails:
You can use the above fields in your email by including *|MERGE_FIELD|* in your email templates - e.g *|FNAME|* would be converted into the user's first name.
4. Link your account
- Go to your API key page in Mailchimp. Click "Create A Key" under the "Your API Keys" header.
- Paste this Mailchimp API key into the correct box on your AVM settings page.
- On the AVM settings page, click save and then refresh the page.
5. Choose the Mailchimp list to use
- If everything has worked, once you refresh the AVM settings page, you should see a drop down box with your Mailchimp lists (next to the Mailchimp API key that you just pasted).
- Choose the list you want to use, and then click save again.
- New AVM users will now be added to this list!
- If you mark a user as spam, they will be deleted from your list. Other changes to status (e.g to Contacted) will also update the user in Mailchimp.
Not every lead coming through the Valuation Tool will be ready to sell right away. This is where drip marketing comes in. It allows you to automate a sequence of emails to a lead, helping your brand stay top of their mind, so that when they are ready, they'll think of you first.
1. Create a Drip account
You can do this here.
2. Find Your Drip credentials
- Login to Drip
- Click on the Drip icon in the top left corner (next to “Campaigns”).
- The URL of this page will be https://www.getdrip.com/XXXXXX/dashboard - where XXXXXX is your client ID.
- Login to Drip.
- Click on “Settings” in the top right corner, and then click on “My User Settings”.
- Your API token is at the bottom above the submit button.
3. Set Up A Campaign!
When someone completes the Valuation Tool, a custom event will be pushed to your Drip account. This will have the name “Got instant valuation”.
This contains the following fields:
You can use this event to subscribe the user to a campaign.
If you mark a user as spam, they will be deleted from your Drip account. Other changes to status (e.g to Contacted) will also update the user in Drip.